I suggest you ...

Location pins are too big

I found the pins are too big and take up valuable space obstructing the view of the map.
Also the other images too are quite big and blocking the view (e.g. 'add note', 'add location', 'current location' at the corners).
And why do we need a huge 'Redo your search here' sign blocking even more of the map? Very annoying.

The search bar on the top is quite large too.
As well as the blue dot that shows current location.

Add to this the fact that location pins pile on top of each other instead of collapsing into one. After 50 notes I can't see the screen.

And the whole app, unfortunately, quickly becomes almost unusable.

Most of the map is buried under all those images.

Also the app doesn't use the whole screen on iPad leaving huge margins on the sides which makes visible area even smaller.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Hi Ciprian,

Thank you for response.

I understand that the app is not optimised for iPad but even on iPhone the images are too big.

I showed IdeaPlaces to other people and they liked it but some could not use it for this very reason.

They want to see where they are on the map and also the places they need to visit. But large images and buttons block large chunks of the map and they have to zoom in, but then they can't see their current location. So, it's constant zooming and moving the map and it's easy to miss some places, which means you'd have to go back.
        Also imaging doing this when driving...

Hope it helps to make it better.

All the best.

• AdminIdeaPlaces (CustomerCare, Idea Places for Evernote) commented  · 

Hi,
        Thanks for the feedback,

IdeaPlaces is not yet optimized for the iPad. So the version that you currently installed is the iPhone version stretched to fit the iPad screen, making everything way bigger.

We do have in the plans the iPad version, where everything will be the right size.
        We are really eager to get going with the development, we'll keep you posted since we don't have a date yet.

We also hear you about collapsing/clustering the pins to avoid displaying them one on top of the other. We are working in the next few weeks on finding a solution.
        We are working also on eliminating the need for the "Redo search here" button.

I want to thank you for the very good and helpful feedback,

Ciprian Rarau,
        Co-founder of IdeaPlaces
        LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ciprianrarau
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/ideaplacesapp

Feedback and Knowledge Base